Saturday, February 12, 2011

Elements and Principles of Art Slideshow




This project seemed daunting at first, but I have to admit, it definitely forced me to learn the elements and principles of art!  One thing I learned from this task is that each picture has multiple elements and principles involved. 

I find that every time I have a creative task to do, it is hard to get going at first, but once inspiration strikes, there is no stopping me!  At first I tried to brainstorm and plan out ideas for each term, but I found that getting out there and just looking at the world around me worked much better - some of my favorites were completely impromptu.  I also got to play around with the different settings on my camera, so I think I am starting to get a feel for things!

3 comments:

  1. I liked your choice of pictures used to represent the principles and elements. I especially like the stars used for proporttion that you created. It was a very good example that helps you reference the size of the stars. I also liked the piano, when looking at the picture I knew right away that it represented rhythm. It is kind of cool how after doing this project, just looking at pictures we can recognize what element or principle is in it. I also did not know where to start with this project, but once I got started, everything started "popping" out at me and it helped me really learn and understand what they mean and what to look for.
    - Lindsay Krug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy,

    Again, it seems we used some of the same concepts! I also used my cat as a demonstration for texture. Also, when I was trying to think of something I could do for emphasis, I wished I had my girlfriend at my house so I could take a picture of her nails! I'm assuming the baby in your picture for movement is one of your relatives - perhaps a younger sibling? My brother is the subject of my picture for movement... only he's jamming on the drums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of the piano for rhythm was excellent. I used books on a shelf at first for harmony, but changed mine to something else. I also used outside a few times as you had.

    ReplyDelete