Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 9 Art Making

The hand sketching project turned out not to be as intimidating as I thought it was going to be!  In fact, I almost found it easier to sketch with my non-dominant hand.  I started sketching with my dominant hand first and then moved onto my non-dominant hand.  At first, it was weird to hold the pencil in the other hand and I wasn't even sure where to start.  However, I actually think my drawing with my non-dominant hand came out better - possibly because I had to focus more.  It was pretty amazing!  Both were successful studies.



I chose to use pencil because if I used charcoal it would be too tempting to blend it and it would not be as defined.  It was interesting to use my hand as the subject of the drawing - I have never paid that much attention to the detail of my hand before!

No comments:

Post a Comment