Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Art Criticism


For my art criticism article, I chose to review Kelly O’Keefe’s exhibit, “Cool Blues.”  I selected this particular exhibit out of all the others because I thought it was very well done and that it was a unique idea that I was interested in.  In writing the critique, I faced the challenge of how to be critical enough, especially since I thought the exhibit was so well put together.  However, I did come up with some constructive criticism in the end to improve upon the exhibit by imagining myself actually experiencing the exhibit.  I liked critiquing my peers’ work because I do not always get to see what everyone else is doing for their projects and it was fun to see what directions everyone took with the projects.  I would definitely be interested in hearing what people had to say about my personal art Curation project.  I would rate my finished article a 10 because I had a lot of interest in the exhibit I was critiquing, yet I tried to remain unbiased in order to give an objective review.  This project was probably my favorite project of the semester, I really enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment