Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Exhibit: Back to Nature

Like many of my peers, I am intersted in art in nature.  For my exhibit I took the angle of how art can reconnect us with nature and entitled it "Back to Nature."  My undergaduate research has focused on the growing disconnection between humans and nature and I did a first-hand study in Australia of how aboriginal peoples live more closely with the natural world and how we can incorporate this back into modern society.

I found it very exciting to be working through art to convey this message through which I formerly have only been able to reference other studies, journal articles, books, etc.  I tried to use very interactive pieces and also have a variety of media, from sculpture to large installations to paintings to videos.  I also tried to include a range of ideas that are related to the theme of reconnecting humans with nature through art.

It was not very hard for me to find 25 works that related to my theme.  The hardest part for me was arranging them in a way that would benefit and make sense to the viewer, but I am very happy with the final product!  I actually am now wishing this was a real exhibit I could go visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment